Local News

Clothes dryer causes Roanoke Co. fire, displacing four

ROANOKE COUNTY, Va.  – UPDATE: The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office determined the fire was accidental and caused by a clothes dryer. Damage is estimated at $200,000.

EARLIER: A fire at a home in the 6100 block of Carolina Trail in Roanoke County left a family displaced Monday. No family members were present at the time of the incident.

A dog and cat were at the home and escaped the scene safely.

Crews responded shortly after 5 p.m. and found heavy fire and smoke showing from the garage and back of the two-story house.

The flames were knocked down within approximately 20 minutes and brought fully under control in about 45 minutes from the time of the report.

The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office is working to gather a damage estimate.

Marco Harmon

I was born and raised in Roanoke, VA. I studied Communications Studies at Roanoke College, and I’ve been part of the news industry ever since. Visiting my favorite downtown Roanoke bars and restaurants with my friends is how I spend most of my free time when I'm not at the desk.

Related Articles

Back to top button