Local News

Roanoke home fire sent one person to hospital

ROANOKE, Va. – Roanoke Fire-EMS reports that one person was sent to the hospital after a home fire that occurred on Wednesday in Roanoke.

The incident occurred at 5:47 p.m. in the 100 block of Tazewell Avenue SE, according to authorities.

As soon as the units arrived, they reported seeing thick smoke and flames, but they were able to put the fire out quite quickly.

One individual was sent to the hospital for injuries that were not life-threatening.

The person who lived in the house has been relocated and is getting help from the American Red Cross.

Officials discovered that improperly dumped smoking materials sparked the fire, which resulted in $33,000 in damage.

Marco Harmon

I was born and raised in Roanoke, VA. I studied Communications Studies at Roanoke College, and I’ve been part of the news industry ever since. Visiting my favorite downtown Roanoke bars and restaurants with my friends is how I spend most of my free time when I'm not at the desk.

Related Articles

Back to top button