Local News

Danville home considered not safe to live in after Friday fire

DANVILLE, Va. – A Danville home was deemed not safe to live in after a Friday fire, according to the Danville Fire Department.

Shortly after 8 p.m., authorities said they received the report of a fire on 139 Longview Avenue.

When crews arrived they saw a heavy fire from the front windows of the ranch-style home, and after going inside, they said they found a large fire in two bedrooms.

Luckily, no one was inside at the time of the fire, according to authorities.

Crews said there was extensive smoke, heat and smoke damage throughout most of the home. The Fire Marshal’s Office is working to determine a cause.

The Danville Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to check that they have working smoke detectors in their home.

Gayle Gordon

As a college student, making an extra buck now and then was very important. I started as a part-time reporter since I was 19 yo, and I couldn’t believe it might become a long-time career. I'm happy to be part of the Virginian Tribune's team.

Related Articles

Back to top button