Local News

Accidental fire sparked at Valley View Mall

Roanoke, Virginia – Roanoke Fire-EMS were dispatched to the Lids store inside Valley View Mall after fire broke out at the store on Tuesday morning around 3:20 a.m.
When firefighters arrived at the mall the fire was already extinguished by the sprinkler system and they found heavy water flow and smoke coming out from the store.
According to Roanoke Fire-EMS, the cause of the fire were the burning materials dropped from the vent fan onto flammable items which were stored in the bathroom.
No one was injured during this accidental fire.

Gayle Gordon

As a college student, making an extra buck now and then was very important. I started as a part-time reporter since I was 19 yo, and I couldn’t believe it might become a long-time career. I'm happy to be part of the Virginian Tribune's team.

Related Articles

Back to top button